Richard Matthews QC practises from his own chambers at One Mayfair Place, Mayfair, London, W1J 8AJ. With meeting room facilities able to host client conferences, mediations and enable the secure participation in virtual court hearings, alongside client representatives, the Chambers also has access to world-wide annex facilities, including at One World Trade Center, New York, and Haussmann, 21 Boulevard Haussmann in Paris.
RMQC’s areas of practice
The areas of practice in which Richard Matthews QC most commonly provides legal services are:
- advising on corporate criminal liability;
- advising and representing clients in respect of health and safety enforcement, environmental enforcement, fire safety enforcement and the exercise of enforcement powers in those areas;
- advice and representation in respect of individual gross negligence manslaughter and corporate manslaughter, health and safety offences, environmental offences and fires safety offences;
- advice and representation in respect of Coroners’ inquests, Health and Safety Inquiries and Public Inquiries;
- advice and representation in respect of and Judicial Review challenges to the exercise of enforcement powers.
Richard Matthews QC greatly prefers receiving only electronic documentation, but hard copy papers can be sent securely to his chambers address at:
One Mayfair Place
All hard copy mail and courier deliveries of papers will only be opened by the addressee i.e Richard Matthews QC.
LawPage Services Limited (“LawPage”) provides Richard Matthews QC with a state of the art IT platform to ensure that he meets his professional and legal obligations. LawPage’s system manages both his case and client data to ensure GDPR compliance, including document and information security.
Professional clients may contact Richard Matthews QC at email@example.com to obtain a quotation for the provision of legal services.
Richard Matthews QC does not accept direct access instructions or provide legal advice directly to lay clients and only accepts instructions from:
hereafter the “Instructing Person” (in short, a UK or international solicitor/lawyer in independent private practice or in-house legal department or a professional body/organisation/individual satisfying the Licensed Access criteria).
RMQC’s Pricing, Payment and Invoicing Structure
Richard Matthews QC’s standard pricing model for providing legal services is £750 per hour.
Invoices will be issued to the Instructing Person in respect of the legal services provided (and any expenses or disbursements) by Richard Matthews QC either upon completion of any part thereof of the agreed services or at three monthly intervals during the course of the provision of services or at another time if expressly agreed in writing between Richard Matthews QC and the Instructing Person.
Payment is accepted by BACS to the professional account of Richard Matthews QC (details on request)
The information on this and the accompanying webpages (“Terms of Business” and “Complaints“) can be provided in an alternative hard copy format (via attachment to an email or post) upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.